With the pandemic bearing down on us and being confined at home for the better part of a year, boredom has become the new normal. Its totally okay to want to see or experience something new. And being at home and staring at the same walls and same furniture makes you want to switch things up a little every now and then. So creating a make shift nook seemed like a logical plan. Breakfast nooks are all the rage now a days and are an excellent area of the home for adding a bit of whimsy. They’re a bit like the powder rooms in that sense — a smaller space where you can be a bit more playful with your aesthetic choices, without committing to a major change.
We decided to turn our Home office to the perfect Paris Café inspired nook in our home. Just used furniture and furnishings that we already had in the house to recreate the feel.
- Please refer to the previous post to check out the various places you can get your hands on a wide variety of gorgeous baskets and you will find the eucalyptus stems here and here.
- Outdoor 2 seater breakfast table. The one I have is an old one from Westside Stores but this one from IKEA is pretty great. Absolutely love the slated table as opposed to my metal one. So if you are looking for an outdoor set for your home do check out the IKEA Outdoor Collection.
- No other piece of décor can give the war and cozy feels like a tasseled chevron throw.
- Jute Carpets are a great investment and one of the most versatile pieces of furnishing. This one from AMAZON checks all the boxes and I have used for almost a year now, without complaints.
- The Beige cushion covers are a really old pair from Pottery Barn US but ALTROVE has pretty amazing substitutes for the same.
- And finally a tray full of your favorite breakfast goodies and that’s that
Don’t let the lockdown bring down your spirit. The mundane can be made beautiful if you let your imagination guide you. I know it is easier said than done, but don’t we owe it to yourself and our loved ones to at least try. Pitch a tent in your balcony for a picnic, or create a breakfast nook, or sleep in front of the television watching your favorite movie together, do whatever makes yo happy. Because no matter how tough the going gets, A positive outlook can help you pull through everything.
STAY HOME! STAY SAFE! BE INSPIRED!
X O X O