Love them! Hate them! But you cannot ignore cushions as an integral part of home decor.
I LOVE a good cushion…or 5, or 10! but that’s just me. I can’t help it though, and I do think I have a cushion addiction. For me they equal ultimate comfort when sitting on the sofa or even when having lazing on the bed and aimlessly staring into space or reading endless number of books in Rios Room nestled in his cushions.
If you are a first timer especially if you’re not confident with interiors
then introducing cushions into your home life is a great starting point when it comes to re-decorating.
Trial & errors with different combinations of cushions are a perfect way to help get an idea of what works together, and what works FOR YOU and what doesn’t, without spending a fortune (compared to completely redecorating).
How to go about it :
– Mix up your cushion styling with a variety of; textures, different fabrics, colors and patterns.
– Don’t be afraid to involve unique finishing touches like tassels, frills, and pom poms.
– Layer up your cushion styling by combining different shapes and sizes and trying out what works best for your space.
– Try mixing patterns through finding a common link, either a tone or colour as mentioned above and then start mixing different patterns together.
– Another tip is to inject accent colors, especially if you have a neutral color scheme in your home. This will give a gorgeous pop of color and add instant personality to your home.
This is the best way of switching things up every few days. Styling with cushions is the perfect way of making any room look cozy and create warmth effortlessly. Plus, if you’re not necessarily a huge pattern lover, but want to introduce it into your room décor, you can still get a sense of (subtle) pattern through textured fabrics.
List of our all time favorites :
- Yara Cushion Cover by Fabindia.
- Cotton Slub embroidered kilim cushion cover.
- Cindy square brown cushion cover
- Isabis Mudcloth cushion by Altrove
- Honeybee cushion cover – StudioCovers
- Tufted geometric monochrome lumbar
- Labrar square cushion cover by Art Avenue India
- Waida silk cotton lumbar cushion by Fabindia
- Boho fringe by The Nascent Decor
- Cushion Cover by Aureate
- Pinstripe Cushions by Contrast Living
Adding cushions to your home is the perfect cost-effective way to make a statement and the ideal way to update your home with different seasons.